Monday, June 20, 2011

20 June 2011

Wow, hey fam! What a week that yáll had! Sounds like you all had a good time growing up and being famous. Too bad Mr C didn´t read off danger in C´s name, that would have been classic. My new companion, Elder C, is from Peru, from the ghetto of Peru. He speaks Spanish and Spanish. He is hard to understand. He speaks flipping fast and like under his breath or something, but a few prayers and a lot of practice later and I usually understand now. The area is amazing. the work has been going rather slow, but the scenery is amazing. We are way close to the water and it just feels like a beach town. There are very few members, but the ones that I know are awesome. Like the Elders quorum president is a guy named RB, he just has two stubs for legs, from diabetes, but he is great. He is really strong in the church and despite his, issues, he is super happy all the time. He has a dog named Sheriff, but with a latino accent, so when i said sheriff like its supposed to be said, my companion corrected me. My companion is pretty cool, he is just learning how to do everything right, but he wants to be 100% obedient and get baptisms. He will push me to be better. I have been getting a lot better at obedience to small stupid rules, and I always feel good about it.

I can´t believe how close the stp is, that is like right around the corner. Speaking of bikes, this is a really big area, and before they had bikes, but thanks to the recent change of rules, we walk. and walk and walk, aaaaaand waaaaalk. We are pioneer children, and I love it. I am used to it, but my companion is suffering, it is like kilometers and kilometers everyday. We have found a few really great people lately, so I think this is a good place to be.

Mama, the profeta had a really good talk about temples in the last conference, you probably already knew that, but good luck! Hope everyone has a stellar week, hopefully I´ll be able to get some good pics of the lighthouse.


love you
elder barry

No comments: