Tuesday, January 11, 2011

10 Jan 2011

Hey its elder Barry,

Wow that's nuts. I can't believe GB and DK are going to missions right next to each other. I guess I had better start learning Portuguese, half my friends are in Brasil. that is so cool that they leave only a week apart. Do they go to the same mtc?

So Uruguay is super flat, there are a couple big hills and one large valley, but other than that there is flatness, with some rolling hills, great for cycling all day long.

It is super humid.

The weather moves in and out suuuuper fast, like it can be hot then poring down rain, then hot in like an hour. But that only really happens in the summer.

This week we did an activity as a district called purificándonos, purifying ourselves. It is an activity that starts with a fast for 24 hours and then at the end you write down all of the things you do that keep the Spirit from being with you, or that keep you from having the Spirit strong with you. And then you make a promise not to do any of them for 40 days, and then it becomes a habit. The people who did it first had amazing successes thanks to this, so we decided to do it. Saturday/ Sunday we did the fast and made our lists. Mine was rather long, some of the stuff is kinda stupid, but I think it will help a lot. Some of my things are, sing inappropriate songs, speak English when I am around Latinos, and sarcasm. I decided to take the activity one step further and came up with a positive activity to put in the place of each of the things I was getting rid of. We'll see how this goes. But already in this last week as we were preparing for the activity and starting to make changes we had the Spirit a lot stronger, and we even got along better. I love this stuff. I feel super happy and pumped to work now.

I thought about it and I think I will be cheering for Auburn today too. I don't hate the Ducks, but it's just wrong. I got the package this week the one with the contact solution and water bottle, I love not having to use glasses, its amazing.

Yesterday we set another date with a guy named D, he is a cool dude, like 45 and he always shows us this random classical music that puts us to sleep like turkey and 'It's a Wonderful Life' do. But he accepted the date to be baptized the 5th of February. no one came to church this week, we were kinda sad, so all of our people before who had dates will have to move them back. But I still have hope. We talked to L Saturday night and she said she would come, I am not sure what happened cuz she didn't show up, last week either, I think next week we need to drag her by the ear. She so wants to be baptized but just needs to do the stuff.

love you guys,

elder b

No comments: