Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 3, 2011

From Jenny: I know that I'm a few weeks behind on posting Barry's letters so I'll start with the latest and work backwards. We got to talk to him for about an hour on Christmas. He sounded great. Same old Barry. I thought he might have an accent or forget words in English but he really didn't except for the time he said, "Como? er What?"

Hey fam how goes it? Today we had a district funtivity here in SJ, we made tie die and went on the bridge of death. The new hermana is a doozy. Her comp is K, and K had been calling me a lot this last week, and now today I understand why. The two of them are exact opposites, but I think in the end it will work out because the oro completely respects K and they are both really nice, just different. Me and my comp had a good week. We got along well and worked our tails off. One day was super rough though. we walked around for hours and no one was home and we only ended up with one lesson the whole day. The ZL kinda let me hear it for that one, so the next day I studied on how to plan better and we have been working on it lots as a companionship. I have actually learned. At first planning was rough because I was used to having the other comp either be in charge of it or at least help out a lot, but now I am 100 percent in charge and that was hard to get used to.

But then after that we had a great week. we set four baptismal dates, only one of them came to church, but we are progressing, I can finally see a change in the area, a small one, but a change. we even have two ladies who had a date for the 22. One of them is............... L!!!!!! Yes. we went over and talked about the law of chastity. She said her and her man candy are through, so we talked about how she can´t go back if she wants to get baptized. We´ll see, but I am super excited for her, thanks for telling us to go back.

This week I had lunch with P because I had to go back to the obelisko 2 area for a meeting. it was awesome to see her again, and we joked around about old times. My comp just kinda sat there, but whatevs, someday he will be senior comp. I never really participated in small talk until I was like 8 months in. It is way way harder than teaching, mostly because it is a whole new vocabulary, but once you can small talk, it is really fun to get to know the members a lot better and actually make friends. Once i got to Pesqueira the mission became a lot funner because I had a whole grasp on small talk and we could enjoy member visits together.

Oh yeah, that new hermana likes Neil Diamond...

Well, that's about it, I am pretty stoked about life right now, this week is leadership meeting so I get to see buddies and sit in a superspiritual meeting.

Love you tons fam.
elder B

ps. tell T happy belated birthday and that a letter is on the way.

No comments: