Monday, December 6, 2010

12/6/2010 an email from a part time ducks fan

hey fam.

Ever since the Ducks won and are going to the championship I am officially a ducks fan.

This was a pretty good week, we focused a lot on obedience, not that we had a problem, but we focused on the stupid little time things, like leaving the house at the right time after Spanish study, even though it is siesta time. And we had BLESSINGS for it. This weekend we found a family of investigators, and they are awesome. And we had better numbers too. Even though this Monday was the leadership conference and then Tuesday was pday we were able to keep our numbers up to where we had had them for the rest of the change so far. Then came Sunday. Nobody came to church. We had multiple investigators who we were sure were going to come to church, and not even the lady who was going to get baptized the18th came. I was sad, but I guess we´ll just fix it this week.

This Sunday is the activity about member missionary work, I am kinda nervous, but it should be great, we have everything put together, and we are going to practice a few times this week, its gotta be perfect. The people here are a lot different than the people back home. They see having the missionaries over for dinner as a job rather than an event or even fun. Here there are only a few families that give it to us and they do it weekly. There are some who love having us over, but for some it is a burden, because that is how they advertise it. When I told the ward mission leader that we should display lunches with the missionaries as an opportunity instead of a task or assignment he laughed out loud. I could have socked him in the nose. So we are also gonna talk a little about that in the activity. How they can have their friends over while we are there. Plus pres is coming, so we can´t go wrong.

Yes dad, that would be tight to go to the OSU WSU game in a year, sounds like a blast. Then we could chill in Seattle for a little bit.

Mom, I am taking pills that Hermana told me to and my comp lent me his filter water bottle, but he said that they have them in the dist. center for 8 dollars, could you send me one prease? Also the DVD Joseph Smith Prophet of the restoration, it is the new one that they were playing in Salt Lake. It is amazing to show people. Other than that I think I am good, oh wait!! Shoe inserts, mine are getting ripped to shreds.

I think that is all

I love you guys tons

No comments: