Monday, August 8, 2011

8 August 2011

Hello familia

I got your package last weeek, it was the best ever. And then this week I got email letters from all the kiddos, awesome, I can´t believe what S almost did on high adventure, ps if you don´t know about that story I didn´t say anything. Oh yeah, there is an elder in my zone who lives in Beaverton, Elder W. He plays football and got a scholarship to U of O, but turned it down to play at the Y. He is an oro, and he is super funny.

Anyways, the work. We are focusing on working with the members, helping them share the gospel with their friends, it is starting kind of slow, but we are starting to get it around. On our own this week we found a family. The S's. They are d and d and their 4 kids, N(10), J(7), F(6ish), and L(5ish). They used to listen to the mishaladies, but lost touch this last summer. They talk about how the Spirit comes to their house when we teach them, and how their kids are calmer in the lessons and how even afterwords the kids sleep better. They weren´t able to go to church this week, but they are on track to get baptized soon. They live a hard life, but they are great people please to pray for them.

About the pants, I meant like long john type pants, but if you can´t find any or its too late no worries, you can just give me the late bday present of being at the airport when I get home, oh yeah, did you get the flight plans? Other elders from my group said their parents already have them. Not that I´m trunky, I just don´t want you to pull an RM on me hahaha.

My companion is still wicked awesome, I taught him how to throw cards this morning, and we ate rock hard brownies that I made last night, they hardened overnight and I had to use a knife to get them out of the pan today.

This last weeks district meeting was awesome, we started by reading about Nefi´s broken bow and we related it to missionary work, having faith, involving the members and having to change plans, we got a lot more out of it than I expected it was a really spiritual moment. Then we talked about the ways members can help and we practiced to talk to the members, it went really smooth, we did it as a counsel not as an Elder Barry lecture, and I liked it a lot.

This week we had a ward counsel meeting, and it was really good, the branch hasn´t had any excitement or even meetings of leaders for a while, so there is a lot of work to do, but it was really good, I was able to speak up in it, voice my opinion and I feel like this place is going to go through some big changes, I just hope they let me stay here to see some results.
Thank you for being such a great family.
I love you a ton.
Elder Barry

No comments: