Monday, October 25, 2010

October 18, 2010

Hey Dad,

It is super weird to be in charge, my comp is super cool, and we are good friends, so that helps a lot, but I am the one who has to teach most of the lessons. We'll figure it out, we are going to have two days a week where we only speak Spanish now so we can improve our speaking skills.

My first district meeting went alright... not the best, but I'll figure it out, now I know my peeps a little better too. We have this one hermana in our district who whenever I talk to her on the phone she talks for about a year and a half, it's super funny. It is a little weird to have sisters in the district, because I had never had that before and now I have 4!!

Way to go on getting a job for the beaner!! Now she can wear millions of polos of all different colors.

I can't believe the beavs lost to uw, that is embarrassing. its just cuz I'm not there.

This week we had interviews with the mission president and mine lasted almost 4 minutes, it was my personal record. Kind of a bummer to not be able to talk longer, but it means that I am not in trouble. I also found out that my district from last change was the best in the whole mission, we were all best friends and did funtivities, I am sure that's why. So now I am trying to make this district kinda like that, the only problem is that I live an hour away from the other elders.

oh well... I found an awesome scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 100. 5 thru 8, it made me excited to be a missionary and feel like I really do have help out here.

5 Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; 6 For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. 7 But a commandment I give unto you, that ye shall declare whatsoever thing ye declare in my name, in solemnity of heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things. 8 And I give unto you this promise, that inasmuch as ye do this the Holy Ghost shall be shed forth in bearing record unto all things whatsoever ye shall say.

I love you dad
May the force be with you
elder B

Hi Mom

I have never seen the testaments with a family here, but it would be a great idea, I just bought it form the distribution center a couple weeks ago, that one and legacy, they are both suuuper good. I also like the long version of the restoration. I don't remember gospel words in english, haha me and that hermana were talking about that the other day, i don't know if i could even give the lessons in english at this point.

haha to celebrate my year mark we burnt a shirt, the old old navy one I brought. It lit really well, I have a video of it, I'll try to get that to you at some point in the future. It is weird to think that I am on the way down the hill of my mission, I feel like I have grown a lot, but also like I am no where near ready to come home yet. We weren't able to do the plaza activity yet but we are going to do it eventually, it is an amazing idea.

I love you mama, you are the best mom ever
Elder Barry

No comments: