Monday, March 21, 2011

21 Mar. 2011

Hey Pops
Transfers are tomorrow. Elder B is leaving :(. He is going even more in to Montevideo with a Latino companion. I am staying here with a guy named Elder G. I knew him in the MTC, he is from the group 6 weeks younger than me, if we stay together for two changes we will both hit 18 months together. I am kinda excited to be with him we are going to blow the area up. Although it was already blown up by me and B this change. It is kinda gonna be weird to be with someone who knows the language well, this will be the first time in 6 months.

HAPPY BIIRTHDDDDAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!! C and dad woo! I am so jealous, that she got a dora the explorer beach towel, lucky... happy 29 dad, I can´t believe you´re getting so old. 29 is like a grampa.
I can´t believe that S is that tall. He is definitely gonna be taller than me when I get home. dang it. I think i have grown, but not very much.

Well this week went pretty well, school just started , and for some reason it has been ridiculously hard to find people at home. Like half of our superstar investigators we couldn´t even get a lesson with this week. But with L we had like 3 or 4. but then she didn´t come to church. she is the mom of E, the 9 year old that just got baptized. She is so awesome. she always has us over and makes us cakes, she is learning a ton and wants to get baptized, but has yet to come to church on a Sunday. she came to the baptism of her daughter, but on Sunday, nothing. also her sister in law has been listening in too, she seems super interested, she still smokes, but she really is learning and pays better attention than L sometimes.

We only saw C once this week, she had to work sooo much. The problem is that she never knows when she is going to work so we just have to guess when to come. I think we went by at least 6 times this week and her kids told us she was gone. kind of a bummer.

hahaha Yesterday in church there was this lady in sacrament meeting, right as we were all coming in that just started yelling at this guy. He is kinda messed up and apparently had either threatened or said something bad to one of the young women in the ward and she just let him have it. I was impressed. I have not seen a freak-out of that caliber in a long time. I gave her a 9.3 out of 10. she got the nine because of the crowd size and the nice, "I WILL NOT CALM DOWN!!" she threw in, good touch. but lost the .7 because she didn´t do physical damage to anyone or anything. But as for good clean flip-out, one of the best I´ve seen. She even had the crowd with her for part of it. My poor comp didn´t understand her, so he was just sitting there trying as hard as he could to not laugh. Imagine, a lady yelling in church in Spanish. a year and a half ago i would have been rolling on the floor crying.

Also in one of our lessons yesterday this old lady, like the grandma of the house came in as we were singing and really got into it. She was putting her hands up in the air and kinda doing her own praise thang. it was just like the old granny in the proposal when she was praising mother nature dancing around the fire. a complete riot
love you guys
elder B

No comments: