Wednesday, August 4, 2010

28 June 2010

Hey Dad!
There was a tie break in Wimbledon that went to 80 78?!?!?! That is insane, once I had a match go almost 4 hours and I wanted to die, I can´t even imagine 11 hours, what studs. that is a mental and physical feat I would not be able to endure, flip son... I don´t think it was even fun at that point, just kind of torture, man they would have had to put me into the hospital after that long. it would be a mental breakdown fo sho.

These members had us over for the guay game, and dang she was a nailbiter for sure, towards the end Uruguay was getting outplayed, flipping koreans run fast. when they added 3 minutes of stoppage time at the end, the hermano swore, he was so nervous, when uruguay scored that second time the family went crazy, their son couldn´t even sit down out of anticipation, being in South America makes futbol 30 times more exciting, I used to think it was soooo boring.

BOOOOOOM CITY!!!! I miss illegal fireworks. They have some good ones here, but no one is going to celebrate the 4th, but since three of us in our house are gringos, we are having a cookout in our fireplace on Sunday, should be pretty awesome and patriotic.

That scripture was super powerful, thank you for sharing with me... general conference is a lot more powerful now that I am focused on the gospel. (Mike shared a story from Elder Bednar in his letter:

As I walked out of the Church Administration Building after my interview with President Hinckley on Friday afternoon, I recalled the words of Enoch:

"And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?

"And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good" (Moses 6:31–32).

For all of us who feel unprepared and overwhelmed and unequal to a new calling or responsibility, the promise of the Lord to Enoch is equally applicable. The promise was true in Enoch's day, and it is true today.)

We are teaching this awesome guy who is the husband of a member who was inactive, they both went to both sessions of stake conference, and stake conference was super powerful, like the spirit was so strong it was amazing. He is so getting baptized, his wife is awesome, and they have a little kid... but sadly i don´t know his name.

Well i love you a lot,

Elder Barry

Hey Momma!!!
People went absolutely crazy when Guay won, we were lucky this time to be out in the neighborhood, because in town there is like a huge parade of cars and everyone yelling stuff like crazy, the only thing that can get Americans to be this patriotic, sadly, is a terrorist attack... wow that was morbid. but I'm glad that dad got excited about it, its good to be into soccer, its a lot more exciting for me now that I am out on the mission. Its rough for my comp to be a missionary right now because he was already super into soccer, and now he has to work, but during Guay games the whole country shuts down, so we've tried to work, but with zero success, so our neighbors invited us over for the last game. Its awesome to have Mormon neighbors, they give us food all the time, and the dad came over and fixed our water heater for free the other day, the besst.

Hopefully they can beat Ghana, it should be rough though, because Ghana runs like crazy, they´re speedsters is what I heard.

One crazy thing I learned in my reading of the new testament is that Jesus is from the line of David right? But he is through the line of Bathsheba... I was so surprised to find that out, but I guess God´s plan is perfect right?

You will be awesome in the triathlon mom, I would absolutely die if I tried to do that, I stink at swimming.

Dang you have a quiet house this week, have fun with it!!

I love you,
Elder Barry

No comments: