Tuesday, August 31, 2010

29 Aug 2010 and more to come

Your week was hilarious... here's mine.

Monday...
Me and comp. tract for a little bit on the way to N´s house. N is this crazy lady we teach, she is nuts. We talked about the restoration a little, and then about Jehovah being Christ. Then we buys lunch, TUNA!!! Study a little bit of Spanish, and we´re off to work, more tracting... then we visited our baptism kids L, M, A and the M family. The M family are super funny, the mom is teaching me to sew :) Then at 10 the assistants call and we find out that P is getting changed the next day. Bummer for him.

Tuesday...
Morning we cleaned up, my comp packed, and we waited for the van to come and take us to the bus station for transfers. It came 2 hours late. So I got there, chilled with all my missionary buddies. Then we go back to the area and chill with my new comp Elder P. Then I had to rehearse with the ward for the stake activity, I played guitar. We also had some lessons.

Wednesday...
Had a meeting with the ward mission leader to set up the baptism. then the stake activity, I rocked it up on guitar, one song I played simple chords and the other I played guitar drum hehe like the red hot chili peppers. Then we rushed around from lesson to lesson to set up interviews for the baptisms. (hahahaha I'm sitting in an internet cafe and an Abba song just came on the radio)

Thursday...
Talked to N again, still crazy. Then we had an awesome lesson with C. She is 11 years old and a friend of a recent convert, P. We had a lesson with P's family(all members but the mom, but the mom is getting baptized soon, se llama D)

Friday...
Planning in the morning... kinda. Mostly we just updated our whiteboard with investigators names. Then i had an exchange with elder S, the district leader, and he had interviews with our future baptism candidates. They all passed, woo!

Saturday...
The most stressful day of my whole life.
We had to fill up the font, it takes 6 hours, but every 40 minutes the water heater shuts off, so we were running all over town from 9am until the baptism at 430 getting things ready. We had to go across town to get white pants, do contacts, get lunch, go to the store, talk to a million people about stuff, and do everything for the baptism. and every 40 minutes we had to run back to the church to restart the water heater. But it all worked out, there was like 60 people that came to the baptism, I was so happy I could have cried, almost did from the nervous breakdown I had getting it all ready.

Best baptism ever!!!

Sunday...
We had to get 48 contacts and 1 lesson with member so I was nervous, but we finished with that before 530 came around, so then we visited some families and had dinner with the P family. Got home and relaxed.... only 10 minutes late.

There you go, the week flew past. Love you a butt load.
Elder Barry

No comments: